The Technical Animator will be the connection between the animation in Maya and the Unreal engine. The person we’re looking for needs to understand Maya and UE, and to be able to fix and solve everything that Animators do. The Technical Animator reports to the Lead Animator.
- Develop, test, and maintain complex animation systems in conjunction with animators, gameplay programmers, and other team members as required;
- Provide technical support on the animation tools and editor to the team;
- Assist in the design, integration, and validation of animation assets;
- Learn all required features and functions of the animation system editor and tools;
- Participate in and supervise the integration of the animation assets into the game engine;
- Collaborate to ensure compliance of animation features with technical, aesthetic, and gameplay constraints;
- Research and share knowledge of existing engines and animation packages within the industry;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Support the Lead Animator in any ad hoc tasks and duties;
- Assist in planning and scheduling of animation work.
- Experience in the gaming industry;
- Expert knowledge of Autodesk Maya;
- Excellent knowledge of all 3D animation aspects;
- Experience in using KeyFrame animation;
- Ability of animating various animation styles;
- Understating of rigging/scripting;
- Aesthetic literacy in all aspects related to art, not only animation;.
- Artistic talent;
- A talent for storytelling;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.